Most people would like to look a little younger, a little more energetic, and a little more attractive. If you want to improve your appearance and restore your youth without going under the knife, follow these steps.
Skin Care: Protect your skin!
Healthy skin will keep you looking much younger. Use these tips to protect your skin no matter your age. Even if you haven’t noticed wrinkles, good skin care while you’re young will pay off as you inevitably age.
- Always wear sunscreen when you’re outside. Even in the winter.
- Try to avoid spending unnecessary time outdoors between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Always wash your makeup off before going to bed.
- Treat acne with medication, and acne cream, but do not pop your zits.
- Wash your pillowcase weekly.
- Keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturizer and drinking adequate water each day.
- Definitely use a prescription strength retinol cream at night to prevent and treat wrinkles. Retinol is scientifically proven to change the microscopic anatomy of the skin to reverse aging changes.
- Be gentle with the fragile skin around your eyes.
Get enough sleep!
Nothing makes you look older quite as quickly as skimping on sleep. When you don’t get enough rest your eyes get swollen, red, and puffy, and you can develop dark circles underneath your eyes. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night. If you need help getting to sleep, try the following ideas:
- Avoid looking at screens or watching TV at least an hour before bed
- Turn your thermostat down
- Don’t exercise within 3 hours of going to bed
- Use a fan or white noise machine to drown out other sounds that keep you awake
Change Your Make-up Routine
If you wear heavy makeup, it will settle into the lines and creases on your face and make them even more noticeable. Instead, wear less makeup if you wear any at all. Aim for a natural look. Switch to a lighter shade of lipstick or use lip gloss and avoid very dark eye shadow. It can also help to use highlighter or concealer near the corners of your eyes.
Restore Lost Volume
As we age, our faces lose their youthful shape as our cheeks sink, creases deepen, and our lips get thinner. We lose fat, muscle, and even bone in our faces starting in our thirties and progressing over the decades. Fortunately dermal fillers can correct all of these things. There are many different dermal fillers available—some last for 6 months and others last for up to 5 years. If you’re interested in this option, schedule a consultation with Dr. Schiller or Nicole DeVincentis, our PA who specializes in facial fillers and Botox and other non-invasive rejuvenating treatments..